We all know that sports and nutrition go hand in hand, but did you know that EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) is a "superfood" with great properties that will bring numerous benefits to your diet? Shall we tell you?
- Let's start with the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. The oleic acid that EVOO contains is an unsaturated fat that will help reduce the cholesterol levels in your body. Therefore, we are talking about an excellent friend for your heart. Do you practice any sport that requires cardiovascular effort? Include extra virgin olive oil in your diet!
- Thanks to its content of vitamin E and polyphenols, it helps to slow down the oxidation caused by high intensity workouts, preventing fats from oxidizing in the bloodstream.
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory. Sports practice causes injuries and inflammations that, seasoned with EVOO, will be much more bearable, because, according to various studies, its consumption will help reduce muscle pain and facilitate recovery.
- Great ally of bone health. It will help you protect your bones, which are often so punished by sports, and prevent diseases such as osteoporosis or breaks. Do you want strong bones? Extra virgin olive oil will help you do this!Do we let EVOO help us with weight control? It is another of its benefits! Its consumption increases HDL cholesterol levels (good cholesterol) and reduces fasting glucose levels.
- Do we let EVOO help us with weight control? It is another of its benefits! Its consumption increases HDL cholesterol levels (good cholesterol) and reduces fasting glucose levels.
- The fats you need. Every athlete knows that fats must be included in the diet because, to burn fat, it is necessary to eat fat. Taking this into account, the healthiest and most natural fats are those present in extra virgin olive oil.
Have you been able to see what a great teammate extra virgin olive oil is? Do not stop including it in your diet!